Unfortunately this happens quite often especially in relation to minor scratches and bumps. You should challenge the claim, in the first instance you can do this through your credit card company disputes team.
Articles in this section
- I've been charged for damage I didn't cause, what do I do?
- Is there an excess to pay on the Car Hire Excess policy if I make a claim?
- The car rental company is making me pay for a scratch that I did not do?
- How do I make a claim?
- What happens if my excess on the car rental is higher than your limit of £5,000?
- If the Car Hire company charges me admin fees to administer the claim will you cover these?
- I'm struggling with your online claim form, what can I do?